Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Room To Scream.....

Give me some room to let it all out. I went to Walmart today. There's the clue.  Four check outs open. Backed up. They have those self checkouts, I do not like them. Now I know why. You can't touch the bags till you are done putting things in them, you can not put the bags in the cart, till you are totally done. How could you get a bunch of groceries on the space at the end...it is so small.?? I feel that if I check myself out,bag my own things, then I should get a discount at the end.....after all I just saved them from hiring more clerks. They don't pay their employees very well and they don't want to hire enough. They want your money, but they aren't willing to give you service. I think I'll find a new place to shop for food. We have a grocery here in town...they are very high on many things we get cheaper at Walmart.  But the aggravation. Well thank you for letting me  get that off my chest. :):)

11 comments:

  1. Hah, I really don't like Walmart. I always see children being mistreated. Seriously. My husband shops there so I don't have to. I don't like any stores that are big and crowded either. I know I am kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you try using the local grocery there in your town. Try it, for a few weeks.

    That *Aggravation Tax* you have to pay, in Walmart...... Betcha' you don't have to pay it, in your local store.

    Plus, shopping in the local one, is so helpful to your local community.

    Hope... Hope... Hope... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday is the the blogging world's official rant day and you just did a good one. I agree with you!! I don't buy groceries at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could have done matching posts today. I went to Walmart this morning and had a story to tell my hubby when I got home. It was more about impatient people though! lol It's my LEAST fav place to shop. I don't go very often! Do you need a hug? I'm sending you one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I hate Walmart. I love to shop but not there. The ones here are very scary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! I give my list to my husband and he is braver than I am so he goes for a few things that are so much cheaper than the grocery store. Rachel Ray broth for one thing. He has the self-check thing down pat.

    He really comes in handy that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot remember the last time I shopped at Wal-Mart. I do not like that store AT ALL, for all of the reasons you gave, and then some.... Especially the one in Kokomo.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many years ago my husband was in business and Walmart was their largest customer. Sam Walton was alive and he only did business with manufacturers who made their goods in the USA. When he died and the ancestors took over, they wanted the cheapest price and the company was forced to send the work oversees. That is also when they started paying low wages.

    We do not EVER shop at Walmart. We pay a little more for goods, but we try to shop and Mom & Pop businesses where the people know our name and we know we are supporting the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you had such a stressful experience shopping, Susie. I don't remember the last time I went to Walmart. Not my place of choice for anything. I much prefer our Super Target!

    Relax with a cup of tea.:-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may go to Walmart once every 3 mths or so, if that. I try to stock up on the things that are cheaper on these visits. Honestly, I can just as well with Aldi & Kroger {using coupons}. Besides that, I do not miss the riff raff that is 'the usual' at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i guess i am lucky, my walmart seems to be better, but the customers? now that's another story! ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete