Saturday, November 1, 2014
My Old Friends....
You know we talk about it , read about it, and see it on the weather reports, but we are still shocked when the snow and cold arrive. Brr.
Take a small Dixie cup, fill with saw dust and wood shavings, melt old candle wax or paraffin and add to the sawdust mixture. Add the wax till it's at the top of the sawdust mixture. That's it ! You may have a bit of money in cups, but you are using old bits of candles and sawdust. So cheap. These are the best fire starters going.
As you can see ,we have bought boxes of starters from the store before . We reuse these boxes to hold our starters. You just nestle a fire starter into your wood that you plan to burn. Light the cup edge. The wax makes it ignite quickly and the sawdust makes it burn long enough to start the wood burning. If you do these , please use common sense. The cup has to be in the fireplace when lighting. We assemble these in our shop.
Stay warm today. XO