Friday, December 26, 2014

Pretty Skies...

 Here's a sun dog...I think that is what's it's called.
  I was actually sitting on my porch with my coat on, of course. I just wanted to sit put and enjoy the sun shining and the pretty sky. I looked up and saw this. It made me smile.
 The wind is brisk, but the sun did shine all day. The sun was shining yesterday too.  I had a wonderful Christmas day with all my daughters , their husbands and children.  Three grandchildren could not be there.
  When we got ready to eat dinner, we got into a circle and held hands. My daughter Angie usually says the grace, but my son-in-law Matt said it yesterday. It was so heart felt, it made us all feel so loved.  We had a lovely dinner that everyone helped make . Then later we  opened gifts and then played some cards and watched some football games.
   I think all the grandkids were tired from staying up late and getting up early. LOL  I hope all of you had a wonderful family Christmas also. XO




17 comments:

  1. Oh Susie, your day sounded wonderful! yesterday, the sun shined here too. Not today though... We're suppose to get snow tonight....uggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gert, We will have to stay warm...our weather is being predicted as cooling . I did love the sunshine for Christmas though. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a perfect day, Susie! Interesting picture of the sky! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie, I love my Christmas and also this beautiful day . It's almost unbelievable. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Christmas Day, Susie!
    Pretty Sundog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly. Can you believe we have had 40 degrees on Christmas and today. I am loving it. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a perfect day. So glad you enjoyed being surrounded by those you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I did enjoy my time with family so much. That is the best gift ever. I also loved the great weather we had for two days. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Munir...they had predicted snow for us on the eve and Christmas morning...but we got lucky and had sunshine and 40 degrees. I loved it. Plus I got to see my family. God is good. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  6. When you see something like that, you know it's a miracle. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas day, too! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, We I saw the sundog, I said , "oh thank you God, for making that for me to see. " LOL...I had the best Christmas and today was pretty wonderful too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  7. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Sounds great! Love that sky. Thanks for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I did enjoy my day with family...just can't believe it has come and gone. Hope your Christmas was a good one. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  8. Glad you had such a good Christmas. Nothing better than family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, Have a safe trip back home. I did really enjoy my Christmas. We love our families don't we? xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful sky, Susie, with the rainbow shining through. And this was on Christmas day?.....that's so special. We had a nice Christmas also with the family. My husband always makes French onion soup, and Nel made enchiladas for Christmas that was my mom's recipe. It's good to hear you had a nice Christmas with all your family. It sounds like you are all so close.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete