Friday, September 20, 2013

Finally Rain....

 Tuesday's moon...a bit blurry :):)  We got our soaking rain between Wednesday night and Thursday morning. We had 3 inches of rain. That is going to help the farmers with the beans. Think the corn has reached it peak, already, because the stalks are drying fast.
I am sure this blue hydrangea will be the last of this bush's blooms.  You can see that the rest of the plant was never blue...so this seems an odd one. I will pick it to dry and enjoy later. I have been busy this week, and had two trips to the chiropractor. I know that raking the yard does make my back hurt...I can't seem to help myself. I raked up hickory nuts and hulls, last week and paid for it this week. We need that little hickory nut picker Emma to come over. We pay her to pick up a bucket of them,:):) She loves it, because papaw made her a cup on a stick to scoop them up in and pour them into the bucket. She is so funny when she does this , talking the whole time. Love that child !! Hope you are all getting ready for a nice weekend. xo

13 comments:

  1. I would ,love to see ,little Emma picking up the nuts, lol!!Take care of your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydrangea looks beautiful!
    How fun that Emma gets to spend time with you both.
    I hope your back is feeling better by now, Susie.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hydrangea looks beautiful!
    How fun that Emma gets to spend time with you both.
    I hope your back is feeling better by now, Susie.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, Isn't it wonderful when the little ones help you? I know that Emma brings you a lot of joy when she is with you. It makes us younger to keep up with them. Hope you get to feeling better. Take care. Many Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something about that rake sitting there just waiting for it to be used, knowing darn well how its going to end. Its like leaving a hershey bar on the counter and expecting it to be there in the morning. Not going to happen. Sorry about your back and hope you got in all back in place now. Glad you got so much rain! We missed that one, but we are getting a nice steady drizzle now. Hope it hangs around for awhile. Emma sure is a good girl for picking up your nuts. Have a good weekend and rest up a bit. Leave the rake alone...said the lady who does the same thing over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute about paying for the buckets. I could use her to pick up limbs in my back yard. I am having back problems too. Maybe I should go to the chiropractor as well. Hope yours gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have had rain, though it may have been to late to help the corn. That is not good news about your back. Hope the chiropractor's treatments are helpful.

    Take it easy, and have a good week-end! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you got rain. Some areas around here got a nice rain but the rain here was very light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was dry here too, until just this week! I bet your little hickory nut picker loves doing that job. I think that's a win/win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! when i lived in podunk i would take the hydrangeas and hang them upside down to dry. they make beautiful winter bouquets and last all season inside. they turn brown but are just lovely.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blue hydrangea is so pretty, Susie. You know, I love moon pictures as well as tree pictures. There is something so magical about the moon. Don't work too hard, Susie - I don't want you to hurt your back.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. The moon was so beautiful and then we too had some rain. Raking is very hard on the back. My pastor says they rake leaves onto a tarp and gather them up, I wonder if this would be more work than help. Don't overdo, they will soon blow away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The harvest moon has been beautiful! I got my surprise and emailed you yesterday. Let me know if I need to send it to another email address. THANK YOU!!!! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete