Monday, September 9, 2013

Pictures Of Horton's .......

Horton's is getting ready for the Autumn Market. It will be on the 28th on September. I love this white pumpkin made of cloth with lace leaves. The burlap sunflowers were unusual and so pretty.
 I saw a lot of straw owls...so that must be the new fall craze. I am thinking of getting at least one. There were some wreaths with owls on them. I thought if I added one to my fall wreath , it would be  up dated. Isn't this owl in the wire cloche adorable? There's so much to see at Horton's.
 This big urn is decorated for every season, as Horton's have their markets. As you can see , here's another owl. Looks good with the flowers, orange and burlap materials.
I have to say this little black owl sitting on the typewriter was my favorite. There were two little black owl pictures too. I really need one of these old typewriters. Sitting on a computer  keyboard just would not have the same effect.:):)
  This is about Horton's in Tipton, Indiana...it is family owned, by the Horton family. This is a hardward store basically. They sell paint, custom made blinds, nuts, bolts, screws,and many other items. They have a greenhouse and sell plants and flowers also. I think they have these markets 2-4 times a year, depending. I know they have the French Flea and the Autumn markets. But I think they also have a Christmas market.
 If you ever get the chance to travel to Tipton, you need to visit. The Horton's are a beautiful kind family. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could visit there, Susie! I love all your pictures of Hortons and all they have to offer. I LOVE that little black owl on the typewriter. I think I like him better than any owl I have seen. He just kind of has a disreputable look to him! lol My kind of character- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a treat to view Horton's, Susie! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Thanks for popping in to the pink post!
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit Tipton and go to Horton's. I'm sure they would have something that I would have to purchase!:-)

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy seeing pictures you post of Horton's. It sounds like such an interesting place and I am just curious, is there some handmade? They have such a knack of arranging things, whoooo ever saw an owl on an old typewriter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit there Susie! All great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, no hardware stores down here look like this. Love the owls. We just put a lot of owls in our booth. Remember owls were hot in the 70's too? xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking forward to your photos, Susie. Owls are really popular now and so is burlap! I've been looking online at tutorials for a burlap ribbon wreath. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm in the mood to decorate now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pumpkin and those sunflowers! I am going to have to try that myself. I am so not into owls, but the little black one is kind of cute. I am not doing owls! My bff loves them and has for years. She picks up anything vintage in owls. She is younger than I am and I told her if she had lived through the 70s, she wouldn't be doing owls.
    IF I ever get that way, I will stop in there and check them out. Sounds like a really cool mom and pop place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love family owned stores... and I love Autumn, so here is the best of both worlds!
    I don't go to many festivals in Texas because it's so cold, but I should see what they have in the months of November and the colder months!
    Have a great week,
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure wish I could visit. Horton's sounds like a great place.Love your treasures. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi-ya. I wandered over from Carol Z's blog. Nice to meetcha.

    Horton's looks like a pretty spiffy store. I'm not much of a shopper, but that looks like my kinda place.

    Count me in as your newest groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have come down to Horton's and it is so adorable and your little town is so cute too. I wish I could come down for this fall market but I will be in Wisconsin. Darn!!! I bet it will be great.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a pretty display. I like the expression on the black owl's face. It looks like it is slightly startled to have people staring in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susie,
    Aaahhh, there's the sweet owls that you mentioned. They are all so cute. I bet you wanted to buy one and bring him home with you. I sure wish I could browse through this store. It would be so fun.

    I would love to see Horton's at Christmas time.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susie,
    Aaahhh, there's the sweet owls that you mentioned. They are all so cute. I bet you wanted to buy one and bring him home with you. I sure wish I could browse through this store. It would be so fun.

    I would love to see Horton's at Christmas time.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sure hope to make it there. I missed the summer one.

    ReplyDelete