Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hooty-Who And Horton's Too...

 Here is the owl I bought at Horton's....I am not an owl collector, but I love this little guy. I was going to buy the only black one they had, but you all know that old saying ,"you snooze, you lose", well it was long gone .
 I just mixed him in with my table decor.  He seems to be wanting to say WTH, instead of  hoo.
 This is a string of jingle bells made to look like jack-o-lanterns.  So cute.  I truly try not to buy everything I see or like. I wonder where do people put all the decorations they love...my goodness. My main problem would be , what I bought, and where is it now.  :):)
 Sweet  birdbath made into a welcoming spot at Horton's. hey you guys...orange burlap!!
 This big fellow was tucked into this beautiful wreath , almost real looking. Love the wreath.
Lots of candles. A couple of rough looking little birds, adorable. I love birds. And can we ever have too many wreathes??
 Well I want to tell you about the Earth Fest. I'll show a few photos I took later. I just truly enjoyed my daughters , two granddaughters, and a friend of one g.daughter. All so sweet. The weather was extremely warm(hot). The crowd (multitudes of thousands) overwhelming. Almost more people than room to stand. So not really a pleasant way to view crafts and such. I think most just came to eat....some of the smells in the heat , omg...more than I can handle. Including my SIL, who was with my sister and brother...her perfume was like ..I could smell it 3 feet away from her...Toooo  much. It saddens me,  I can't hug her because of it. I don't know what to say or if I should even say anything...You know. Hope your Sunday is great. xo



10 comments:

  1. Your owl looks good on the table. I really like the pumpkin jingle bells, so many gorgeous things to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute...the light color really shows up with your decorations. I know what you mean though...I like to think about something for little while but then it's gone! I love those cute jingles, too. And the strong perfume scents give me a terrible headache. I don't know why people think everyone will like what they wear. I'm glad you got to go and had a great time. I hope we have a festival here soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl is so cute...I found something like that at Target a few years ago and he's may favorite Christmas ornament!

    I agree with you on the perfume, you should only get a whiff of it if you are hugging someone.

    Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place to hang out..I have an owl similar to that..Not quite as cute..

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's that Horton place again. I would probably make it my second home if I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that place and love your table fun. That is a cute little guy. I am not an owl person either, must be a 70s flashback nightmare or something. But that one is cute. Just tell her that you have an allergy to some perfumes and hers must be one of them. I cannot do that either. Too much kills me. Used to have trouble in a full church. Too many scents mixed and my nose would run and my eyes would water. Hope you had a good day today. We had a great day here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place and I am so glad you could go. LOVE that little owl and I am not an owl person either. They remind me of the 70's and my mother's collection.

    I hear you about the perfume. I can't stand the real strong scents either and it is hard ti tell people, isn't it? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfume is pure evil and should be illegal! the worst is in restaurants or elevators. i simply cannot stand the stuff. ever. and some day i may even tell you how i REALLY feel about it! ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Horton's Saturday and never made it to the Earth Festival. The reason I haven't been to it in years and years....too crowded. The last time I went was about 18 years ago! You couldn't get near the booths. I enjoyed Horton's. Bought a vintage shirt, a spider bracelet, and a cute little lacey pumpkin! And I agree about having so many decorations...I cannot find any of my Halloween decorations! I've looked everywhere. Of course, I do have that one room....full of storage boxes from the move....(sigh)

    Cindy Bee

    PS - I HATE PERFUME! Maybe your SIL reads your blog and you won't have to tell her now. Don't people realize it makes them stink?

    ReplyDelete