Saturday, September 21, 2013

Grandparent's Day....

 Yesterday was grandparent's day in Rossville.  Emma and Savannah go to the same school. So we got to be with both of them at the same time. Grandpa Doug (Savannah's other g.parent) came also. This is a picture of Emma, papaw Ted, grandpa Doug and Savannah, we just had ice cream in the cafeteria. The girl's are holding their books from book fair. Emma got some book on teen stars( I wasn't crazy about it) Savannah got one of  "Diary Of  A Whimpy Kid" . She told me she has all those books.
 Grandpa Doug was not feeling  a hundred percent...so he left shortly after this photo. He is a wonderful loving grandparent. He is good and kind to all his grandchildren. All of the kids in his little community like him. I have never heard him ever yell at any child, no matter what. His own father was the same way.
I spotted this fall harvest stand on the way. They had a bit of everything. Plenty of pumpkins and gourds. Cabbages, watermelons, tomatoes, and squash. Mums also. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. xo

12 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful Susie and brings back memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books are very popular with children these days. It sounds like a really good day, Susie.

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, what a lovely thing to do, grandparents day at the school! i have never heard of that before. love it!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa Doug sounds like a wonderful man, Susie.

    I went over and checked out the book cover with the lady smelling the roses. I asked her if she knew who painted the picture? It is such a lovely one, and I've had the picture for years.

    Have a sweet day,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day! I love the Fall things there, too. Nothing like that here yet! Be sure and check your emails my friend! Sweet HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brings back a lot of memories for me. I'm sure you really enjoyed it.Our grandchildren are to old for it now. We used to go every year. Love the fall stuff. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love grandparents day! I never had that in the old days when I was in school but my kids had it in pre-school and elementary school. My husband never really knew his grandparents except for one who was very old when he was born. I always feel sad that he did not grow up with any. Enjoy that autumn stuff it is still a million degrees here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful time. So sorry that granddad wasn't feeling well. I think MyHero should take lessons from that sweet man. He's a yeller AND a scolder...lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for these sweet photos from Grandparents day. So sorry that Doug was not feeling well. Wishing you a nice fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are getting some much needed rain..sorta a sleepy day..

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you got to spend the day with the girls. Love the fall display. They are slowly starting to put them together around here. Wonderful fall day here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to have Grandparents Day! It's great to see the "Boomers" back to school!

    Happy Fall, Susie!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete