Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Sweet Lady....

 This is Nettie. I just met her at the church bazaar. She was selling used books. She was so friendly and sweet. We were talking , and she told me a story of her necklace. This little gold  circular shape , is her husband's thumbprint. When he passed away, she got his print from the armed service department, that was on file...somewhere. I am still in awe of that. She had it made into a necklace. On the back it says" My Love"
Nettie said her husband was the love of her life and she misses him so much.  I just had to take her picture. I did ask if I could post it and tell this story.  xo

17 comments:

  1. what a lovely thing! thanks for sharing this!

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I can't iagine how hard that is to loose your husband of many years. Great sotory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story. I lost my husband after 50 years and it is still heartbreaking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story, and what a resourceful lady, obtaining the print in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That so warmed my heart. Thank you for sharing her beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and touching story and a beautiful necklace.. Hugs, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful, heart-warming and sad story. I love that she has something so special to remember him by- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sweet. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie,
    That is a beautiful story. What a creative idea to make a necklace like that. It must keep him close to her. Nettie is a sweet lady, you are right.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a sweet story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh. That is a precious story, and a great idea! I just love older women, don't you? (Especially since I am becoming one myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful story, Susie! I think you were both blessed by each other!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a special story, Susie! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete