Monday, November 26, 2012

Girls Who Craft....

Savannah and Emma had a nice day of crafting. We made bracelets for their moms, first thing. Then we made Noel Christmas banners, out of paperback book pages , foam board and ribbons. Then we baked sugar cookies and decorated them. Lots of finger licking was going on :):) Sunday morning we made fleece scarves for their dads and moms. So easy, just a long strip of fleece and fringe the ends. Then they made gift tags and wrapped their gifts to take home. It was an extremely busy time, while they were here, because there was baths and head washing and manicures too.. They played well together and were so well behaved. I was proud of them.
 I have an old housecoat of my moms, I kept it when she passed away. The girls took turns wearing it  and asking questions about my mother.  Emma was two and Savannah was four, when my mother passed....so they really have no memory of her. It pleased me that they wanted to know about my mother.
  It's a beautiful day here, cold but sunny.  Enjoy this day . xo

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I think you all kept each other busy! I am sure they had a blast with all those fun activities and cookie making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a day they will remember when they are all grown up. They are beautiful, are you tired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful that they did so many things and got to wear your mothers robe too. Plus cookies. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just the sweetest thing, oh my gosh a heart melter that is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post. So glad they got a long and enjoyed their crafting. The older I get the more I think about days gone by and my relatives who are no longer with us. I miss them.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful memories you gave those girls this week-end, Susie! I have never been much for crafts, but I could really get into the cookie baking - licking my fingers, mostly.:)
    Hugs, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice day to remember.. I love days like that with my grandaughter.. I can't do crafts to much. I quilt a little and that's about it.. Hope you have a nice week, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I'd hop back and say I'm terified too..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful time with these precious girls...making memories! I love that you take the time for them. Not everyone does. I'm sending you some extra hugs tonight! I'm glad you're my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun ~ great day and memories!
    They are so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete