Friday, November 9, 2012

When Children Explain....

These little shelters are for picnicing by the swimming pool, in our park. Once when my oldest granddaughter was 4...she told me, "nana they is people in they houses, they have no walls." I ask where these people were. She said "by the swimmin pool".  Then when I realized she was talking about the shelters I asked if they were having a picnic.  She says in her four year old voice, "no, they was eatin."   :):) I laugh every time I think of her telling me that story.  Hope you can have a fun memory to recall. xo

12 comments:

  1. Children do say the funniest things. I often remember some of the classics our two came out with, and it makes me laugh all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious. It's nice to have these little gems written down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. out of the mouths of babes! So sweet,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great share!!! I often wonder what the little ones think of things that we say, places they see...often we take for granted that they just know! Have a great weekend!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the sweetness. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children can say the cutest things!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a sweet memory and she sounds so Southern too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids say the darndest things Susie and isn't it grand? Love this cute story. Be sure and retell it to her often as she grows.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Don't you love those sweet little lisped stories when you remember them? What a wonderful memory- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so sweet, Susie! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete