Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bird's Eye View....

 While in the courthouse taking pictures of  the stuffed black bear, in the natural museum display, a friend spoke to us. What a surprise, she worked at the courthouse, on the 4th floor. She invited us up to take pictures through  her office window. I had not been to the 4th floor since I was  nosy kid. I can remember my sister and I going there and going up the big stairs, to all the floors.
The top photo is the Christian church and it's bell tower.  This is the Catholic church tower. I love all the churches of our small town. There's even a church in the old school, where my children attended grade school. I was happy to not have the old school torn down.  Enjoy this day. xo

10 comments:

  1. Pretty. Have a great day Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am all about preserving our history! Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preserve. Preserve. Preserve. Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!

    Photos, of around your town. Love them.

    Since it's warmer and nice weather, I'd like to start taking some more, around my small city. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the views, even though I have a thing with heights. These old court houses are something, aren't they? I have been in here snooping around and love your flowers. Did the traps work for the carpenter bees? 24 kids at one time would make me sleep good, too. Glad you had a fun day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those views! It sounds like you had a good day! Enjoy your Thursday! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the views!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's an awesome view. Would love to have been up there with you.. Our courthouse is made out of marble and is the only one like it in the state.. We had two more that burnt to the ground back in the 20's. I love anything about history. Hope you have a nice Memorial Day.. Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool mom. i don't think i ever made it to the 4th floor, maybe the 2nd or 3rd when i was covering election results. is it the same black bear that use to be at the library?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! Beautiful town. Love old churches too. As I was reading this we had a small earthquake here in Northern California!!! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete