Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tulips...

 My sister Pam and I went for a small walk around town. We only walked a few blocks and I spotted these tulips. I just love seeing tulips.
Actually I am surprised they are still looking so good. They usually take a beating in rain and wind. I don't even have any out here, but had plenty when I lived in town.
All the little flowering trees were looking pretty today too. Seems spring took it's time coming, but is just showing off now.  Hope all of you are having beautiful spring days now.
  I want to thank everyone who sent me well wishes. I hate feeling sick and I try to fight it. Your wishes, my sister Jeanie calling me , my daughter Karen and granddaughter Savannah bringing me flowers....well it all lifted my spirits. I feel great today. Thank you so much. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Love the color combo. It was soooo pretty this am, cardinal was singing so pretty. Now it is RAINING!!! uuggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips did better here this year the daffies. i like them better but they are usually short lived. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely tulips! Ours have been gone for awhile. It's good to hear that you are feeling better!
    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just clipped some branches from our apple tree-sooo fragrant. As I stood beneath it I could hear humming. The top was swarming with bees. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are feeling better Susie!

    The tulips are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you were under the weather, hope all is well now. The tulips are pretty, they have strong stems, unlike daffodils which completely fall over in bad weather.

    Hope your week goes well!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. I love tulips and so enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear you are feeling better. Thank you for sharing these colorful pictures of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tulips too, although we have none. Ganna have to remedy that. I posted yesterday about my irises. Come by & take a peek at them =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful spring pictures! I can also smell the sweet fragrance of SPRING in them. Sorry you were feeling badly...I missed that post. :( Glad you are better today! A sister, daughter and granddaughter were the perfect tonic!

    ReplyDelete