Monday, May 6, 2013

What Plans ????

Did you ever plan something that totally fell through?? Yesterday, my granddaghter Lynzie was graduating from nursing school. I was to go to her mother's house and catch a ride to the Purdue campas, with the family. Liz was making dishes to take to Lynzie's house before the graduation, as they were having a pitch-in gathering after the ceremony.
  When I arrived at Liz's , she was putting something in the oven . she goes off to get dressed. Emma says her ear is hurting. She was running a slight fever. So when Liz is dressed, she gave Emma fever meds. and Matt goes to the store for ear drops. Then Liz is trying to find someone to watch Emma. That is awful short notice....so guess who watches Emma? Yes, me. What could I do ? So Liz's family goes to the ceremony and I stay with Emma.
  Emma  started  to feel better and I surely hope she did okay today. But after I get home, I start to feeling rather sick myself. Can't say what it is or was. I woke up with a headache. It is easing some..not taking anything for it, because I am not sure it would stay down. Then I realized, I had not drank anything for over 8 hours , at my daugher's house. Probably a bit dehydrated. I have had about 3 glasses of water already.
  I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend...I also hope your plans worked out . xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, most likely you were dehydrated, what ever it was you are such a trooper to fill in to watch Emma,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet of to stay and watch Emma! I hope you are feeling better. Don't get sick!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor sweet Emma. Ear pain is such an awful thing. That was nice of you to stay with her. I do hope she feels better, and you too.

    Take care, Susie.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you aren't getting sick. I have had a time with the pollen this year. ally it is just itchy eyes.
    It was nice of you to miss the graduation to watch Emma. What a great Gramma you are. I am sure it was so hard not to go. So sorry. But you can see the pictures and know that her Mama got to go because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that is a disappointment that you didn't get to go to the graduation, but how nice it worked out for Emma that you could stay with her as she wasn't feeling up to par. I hope you are feeling better at this point. xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Lynzie. Hope you feel better. Drink. Drink. Drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things can go wrong if you get dehydrated. I hope everyone feels better soon and I'm sorry you didn't get to see the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, POO! Sorry your plans "fell through" AND that you're not feeling well - sort of a Double Whammie. I hope they took lots of photos of the ceremony so you can still see what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you had to miss the graduation. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what they say about the best laid plans. hope you are feeling better.
    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about the graduation and I hope you are much better today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better, Susie! Sounds like a grandma to me! I recently missed one grandchild's first birthday party, when I came down sick from another grandchild!

    ReplyDelete