Saturday, May 25, 2013

Weekend...

Today, so far ,is more sunny than cloudy.  I will have to say that yesterday was one of the nicest weather days here. Pretty skies, just right temperature. I loved it....but what did I do? A quick trip into town, then back home to do housecleaning.. Well the house looks nice. The laundry is caught up. I still got out in the yard to walk around and bird watch. Sat on the porch and wrote to my sister. Just loving the quiet.
 My husband has been gone for 3 days counting today.  No, don't put out an APB...he is over my daughter Karen's, helping her husband do  the roofing. The thing is, now I have had some time, to do everything . I may even wash windows, outside, today.
  Thank goodness for squeegees. I put vinegar and hot water in a bucket, get the squeegee and some paper towels. Wash the window with the sponge side of the squeegee. Then use the scrapping side, wipe down, then use the paper towel to wipe the blade of the squeegee. You will never have streaks, and it goes so fast. Then you can use the water and paper towels to clean the sills. I know we all have our methods to clean things, but this has really worked for me.
 I will find some time for fun today, also. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. you are experiencing what my life feels like with him gone. i am just happy he'll be back but it's not so bad if you have to get used to it. i "clean as i go" now, do laundry when there is enough, usually every other day, and always wipe out the sink after each use, stuff like that. it always sparkles around here.

    hugs, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some serious window cleaning ahead! Thanks for the tip, Susie!
    Can't complain about the rain, when I think of what you all endure living in the Midwest!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Lynne
    withLove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was gorgeous yesterday. But I have spent vacation deep cleaning, stupid me! Well plan on spend the next 3 days outside. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you find some time for fun after all that work. I love vinegar and water for windows and glass. It works for me too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a few days alone are nice aren't they, you clean windows exactly like I do, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are energetic and motivated, Susie! When you finish there, could you come here for the same kind of activity.:-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when the hubby is gone - for a SHORT time!!! Amazing how much we can get DONE!!! And have a little time to ourselves as well. I am spending the night with the quads - they will be asleep when I arrive at 8 pm - so I am looking forward to a ME evening. My lap top, my tea and my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the window cleaning tip. I have never yet, found the perfect way, for me. Should try your way.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been very productive. Happy to hear you have enjoyed some great weather. Thanks for the great tip on window cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to have a few days all to ourselves every now and then. You are being so productive...I should follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right, vinegar and water is the best for windows. I get a lot done when my husband isn't around too. Amazing how we want to be with them, but when they are gone we get so much done.

    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I'll be visiting here again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got so much done, Susie. Isn't it nice to have some alone time - the things we can accomplish! I'm glad that you had a little quiet time. I think it's so important and necessary too. It gives us time to think, pray, clean, and do all sorts of wonderful things....just for ourselves.

    You are a dear bloggy friend to me, Susie.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete