Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Am Blessed...

My goodness, I was so excited about my grandson visiting yesterday,I forgot to take photos. So this is from last year.  Ted is 34 pounds thinner this year and I am 4 pounds heavier...blast. Grandson Korey is still trim. I wanted to post this, cause I just wanted to brag a little. Korey will be graduating this coming Spring.  He has a degree in meteorology from Ball State University. He will be getting this degree in GIS., from SLC university, Utah.....which I keep forgetting what that stands for ...I do know it has to do with mapping.
 Ted and I were thanking Korey for staying focused on his studies and walking a straight line in life. He has never cause a moments' troubles. He said, "Nana , I have you to thank for that. You instilled good work ethics in your daughters. Showing them that something worth having is worth working to achieve." Oh believe   me, I thank God for that young man . I don't think Korey was buttering me up for a bigger Christmas gift, because they get the same thing each year. LOL  I can hardly stop smiling . :):)


19 comments:

  1. Awww. He sounds like a great young man. So sweet he credits you for that too. Merry Christmas!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! what a great young man!!! i am so happy you have him in your life, stay proud as i know you will!

    smiles, bee
    xxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie
    You sure have reason to be proud. And I can't think of any better compliment a g'ma can recieve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Korey. You all should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me cry mom. He credits me for his ambition and wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie!!!
    I oh-so-know why our hearts are kindred!
    What a beautiful image!
    H A N D S O M E! (All of YOU!)
    I love to hear the words "work ethic" out of the mouth of our babes! Such achievement! Congratulations to all!
    What a joyful post!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Susie...what a blessing he is! And I think he is right about you being a good Mom! That really helps to instill great values onto our grandchildren!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handsome, smart, ambitious and directed.......what a wonderful grandson. To think he gave you all the credit......maybe you should double his present for one year, hah. COngratulations on being his Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome intelligent grandson you have Susie. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh- Susie-That just brought tears to my eyes. It made me think of part of the Bible verse:
    Proverbs 31:28
    Her children arise up, and call her blessed- It has now gone into the second generation for you.
    Those are beautiful young men- I can tell that they love you...and I know how much you love them. I'll bet there was a tear or two mixed in with that smile of yours- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. The visit did you a world of good, didn't it? He's a fine young man and you have a right to be proud! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you thats a smile maker for sure, beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course you are proud, you have every reason to be. Even those pounds are a sign of a life well lived!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fine young man Korey is. Great to finally see you. You are adorable too. Wishing you and Ted a Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful. You really do have something to be proud of. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Proud grandma for sure! What an accomplishment! So happy for him and all of you. Wonderin how your son lost all that weight, wowza!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have every reason to be proud! Congratulations!

    Sending along wishes for a Merry Christmas, Susie!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Korey, an ambitious young man, and one I know you are beyond proud of.
    The picture is such a happy one, and all so very handsome and pretty, what a lovely family keepsake.
    Sending Merry Christmas wishes from our home to yours, dear friend.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a good looking young man. Congratulations to him and his family.

    Merry Christmas!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete