Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Got A Gal In Kalamazoo.....

Well you maybe would not call her a gal. LOL  She's Sr. Virginia from the Saint Joseph Academy. She has moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan, with a few other Sisters from here in Tipton. She is the sweetest nun I ever met. My flesh and blood sister , Jeanie, gave me Sr. Virginia's new address, so I can send her a Christmas card. I want her to know we are thinking of her and wishing her well. That is  the thing I want to post about. Sending cards or letters to people once a year. It seems at Christmas, it is a good time to just let others know you are thinking of them. I send to distant cousins, that I never see. I always enclose some good wishes. I have people I have not seen since retiring also. Just when I think ...oh I will wait to see if they send a card first....have you ever done that:):) I just can't take it and I go ahead and send one.  It seems a bit phoney if I do not send it without getting one first....because, I send a card to let them know I am thinking of them.. This year my sister says she is calling people ....omg...I am not a phone person. I would rather write a few lines, that they can read at their leisure. Today the sun is shining, yippee. xo



7 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I like to send cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you- I send cards, too, rather than call. I have some friends that are "droners" and I can't get them off the phone- lol

    Hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, Joe and I just finished our cards. We enjoy sending them out together. We send some to his relatives out west we never get to see. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been working on cards, too. Most of our cards are sent out of town. We send very few to people who live around here, so a phone call probably isn't our best option.:-) I usually send along an annual newsletter, but I haven't done any work at all on that this year. I need to get busy!:-)
    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people find sending cards a chore, but I just send them regardless, and don't mind if I don't get one in return. I know people who tick off the ones that come in, and people get struck of the list if they don't send one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie,
    I'm not a phone person either, and I love getting cards and notes in the mail. It seems that many people don't send Christmas cards any more because there are e-mails and such, but I send Christmas cards to family and friends every year. The statue of St, Virginia is very nice. Keep writing those cards, Susie. It's so thoughtful to do.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Christmas cards are the best! It is all about the message of Christ and sending it! Hope Sr Virginia is doing well!

    ReplyDelete