Monday, December 3, 2012

Some Decorating...

The little sign I bought at Horton's last year. I love it. I have this country bench in the entry, it's where the bears sit. I just add wee pillows, the trees, and some greenery. Today is my daughter's birthday and my s-i-l.
I will be taking gifts to Angie's and decorating her table for her. She will be surprised. If Jake isn't there, I can still get into the house. The first thing Angie and my s-i-l did was give me a house key. They have always made me feel welcome , always. I used to go to their old house, make a sandwich and coffee, on my way to work. I would watched their home movies, of Christmas or sports games. Some times if their cabinets were almost bare of food, I would go to the grocery for them. I would get them food and put it in the cabinets. Angie has said,"mom it was always so nice to see you had been here and helped us through our lean times." I do feel bless with my children. They are my greatest gift. xo


10 comments:

  1. So sweet. I love that you put food in the cabinets. It will be a fun surprise for them today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Happy birthday to your daughter and son in law. They are so fortunate to have you in their lives.

    Your bench with the bears and decorations is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign is lovely!

    I love the "welcome" bears on the bench.

    Hope you enjoy the remainder of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    I bet she loved it when you filled her cupboards that day. It's nice to help our kids out when they need it the most. Happy Birthday to your daughter today. I love this quote, it is one of my favorites. Have a happy week.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, your a good mother, Susie.
    It makes you feel so good to give when it's appreciated, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday wishes to your daughter! What good memories you have created! Hugs, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the best mom. Not everyone has a good mom you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh-Susie- You are such a good Mom...and I think part of that is because you have received the greatest earthly gift that God could bestow on you- your children. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Susie, I agree. My children have been God's greatest gift to me as well. You must be a great mom too to have such a wonderful relationship with your daughter. Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only everyone honored Christmas every day... your sign is scripted beautifully!

    ReplyDelete