Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Community Theater.....

 Sunday afternoon,  we  went to the high school auditorium, for the play ,"Dixie Swim Club."  This play is about 5 women , who were on their college swim team together. The play shows different stages of their lives together, as they meet yearly on vacation in a North Carolina beach cottage. Our community theater puts on plays 2-4 times a year. We have certainly enjoyed many of their productions.
 My daughter, Angie , was one of the actresses. She Played Dinah Grayson. She loves being in these plays. Emma was proud of her aunt Angie, and wanted me to take their picture.
Savannah was there also. I took a few photos of the girls in front of some of the art cases at the school. High school art is impressive. Oh a footnote here....the play had a few iffy things for young children...Emma told her mom that there were some words she just didn't understand about the play.  Liz asked her what the words were. Emma says " well what does hooker mean?" ....yikes. Also during the blackout where they rearrange stage props. You can see people in black moving around on the stage in a dim dark lighting....Savannah asked her mom, "is that a robbery?" :):)

11 comments:

  1. How nice. Your daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos, beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU!
    Oh my gawsh, my oldest niece one time asked me what a hooker was...I said...it was about the time Pretty Woman was popular at the theatre. I said...wellllllll, it's when women stand on the street and men come by and pick them up and take them for a ride. WELL What was I supposed to say...she was probably 9 years old! Then she says, so if I see a woman standing on the sidewalk, they are a hooker? AAUUGGGHHHH.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were intelligent questions the kids asked. I'm sure glad I didn't have to answer them! Especially the hooker one. Yikes. Sounds like a wonderful play - one of my favorite past-times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love local plays. Congrats to Angie for her part in the play. I am sure you are proud of her. The pictures of the girls are so cute- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!! Your daughter is adorable!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful daughter and family!! Louis Dean LOVES plays! He directed several when he was a school teacher. His favorite was How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I need to check out local plays here.....he would love that!

    Thanks for always being so kind and supportive! Your comments mean a lot to me! And of COURSE we ARE blog sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love plays and I bet your daughter was awesome.. She sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting that your daughter enjoys being in these stage plays! They are a lot of hard work! I hope your Wednesday has been good. xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful play, one I would enjoy, especially since I too was a member of my school's swim team :)
    You have a beautiful daughter and family, I'm smiling at those questions :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The play sounds great. I think I would enjoy it. The girls -- and their talented aunt -- look so cute!

    ReplyDelete