Monday, January 21, 2013

Emma's Crafts.....

 Here's Emma modeling one of the scarves she made.   These are T-shirt fabric made into rosettes, then hot glued to a felt piece , the a pin glued to the back. The blue thingy is a hair barrette. Emma loves using the hot glue gun , so she wanted to make this dolly from scraps.:):) She had those glue strings and balls everywhere.
 Then later we baked ginger cookies and she iced them. I made her take those all home with her.  She likes to lick her icing fingers. :):)
Don't think that is all she did while she was her..oh no.. We watched a movie with Kurt Russell called,"Dreamer" .We drew pictures, Emma colored, fed the neighbor's goats, did Sudoku puzzles, cooked/ate, watched cartoons, snuggled and talked. Baths, tooth brushing, hair combing....on and on. It's extra work while she is here but well worth the time spent with her. She also finds time to make Papaw squeeze her into the recliner with him....she loves teasing him . xo

16 comments:

  1. Emma looks very chic in her tee shirt bling! Such wonderful memory making at your place this weekend!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma is adorable and very crafty, too. I know you three had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma is an artist, for sure. I love her little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love the scarf! So much great quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisie
    It sounds like you had a great time with Emma. G'children are the greatest fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful soul that visits you...she is just dear and certainly has an artistic soul- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the barrettes and the ginger cookies. Ginger snaps were the first cookies I baked by myself. I think I was just about Emma's age and they are still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely weekend! None of that kind of thing happened when I visited my grandmothers long ago but I had a lovely aunt who had no children and she did all those things with the cousins when we visited. Some of my fondest memories are of those times so I know your granddaughter will long remember this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Susie, sorry about your cold weather! Hang in there. The photo is in the desert. Later,k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a fun weekend with a beautiful young lady. I have two grandaughters.. It is so much enjoyment to get together with them.. You stay warm.. Sending hugs, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! How busy you were! It looks like such fun! Hugs, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't having that special time the most rewarding and tiring time? I always totally fall apart after my grandchildren leave. I love every minute they are here but boy oh boy, do they wear me out. So glad you enjoyed your time with

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susie,
    Emma's doll is so sweet, and those ginger cookies... oh my, they look delicious!! What a wonderful day spent with your Granddaughter.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you really got elaborate with your scarves! How beautiful and a little dollie, too! Wish I had been there to play!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun you must have had! The scarves are darling and the rosettes have me thinking they'd be cute on a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like such a sweet fun day! Great you took pictures, these are what memories are made of. She'll treasure them always.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete