Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The 2013 Jeanne X. Kasperson Award....

My grandson Korey just won an award at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City. He and four other students will be traveling in April to L.A.  Where Korey will present his thesis, " tracking a wildfire in areas of high relief using volunteered geographic information"  The award is from the Hazards, Risks, and Disasters Group, of the Association of American Geographics.
 I remember when Korey was here during the wildfire in Colorado. He was texting with his volunteers then. All this have to do with mapping.  I will try to put this link in my post, so you could go  to a site, to read about this.  http://geog.utah.edu/news/korey-klein-award.php   Well as many of you know...I am thick as a brick when it comes to computers....this is what I wrote down before I started this post...hope it's right :):)xo

12 comments:

  1. I see you got the email I sent. He told me about it in December but didn't realize it was on the school site. He had a presentation in the Statehouse yesterday and hopefully caught the eye of a director at Utah Emergency Mgmt-where he already has a contact. Hope to send you another link soon as he was photographed by a fashion photographer at Sundance. He is so well connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog,it makes me smile.Am going to try more batting but we have a house with water coming in ,hope the rain stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thick as a brick" when it comes to computers! Me too. You must be so proud of him. What a contribution he is making as well as getting an education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearing about your grandson gives us hope for our future! With young people like yours out there - I am greatly encouraged! Now I'm going back to figure out that link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to that fine young man. I love it when good things come to good kids. Somebody did something right with him!

    I am "thick as a brick" with computer stuff, too, Susie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great honor! Congratulations are in order for Korey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie,
    Your grandson, Korey, is such a handsome guy, and congratulations on his award. I bet you are very happy. "Thick as a Brick"....that cracked me up. Have a good week, sweet friend.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, he must have been well raised. You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if your followers see some of the things I post on here but I want to say thanks for those who said such nice things about me doing a good job with Korey.

    ReplyDelete