Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Amish Acres, Art & craft Festival...

 My daughter Kathy and I, went to amish acres in Nappanee, Indiana for a festival. We went Sunday afternoon. The sky was beautiful, the temperature pleasant ,but I got a sunburn anyway. :)
 This is the only item I bought. It's a scarf that looks like two combined. The lady who owned the booth was Jana Frazee, from Parkville , Mo.  She can be found at www.myfavoriteclothes.com , she is having 10% off on her facebook sales. She had some unusual things.
Here I stand at the fence near the little farm , where they had some animals. There was goats, ducks, chickens and turkeys. The duck had a big falling out, and I almost wet my pants laughing. Do human mimic animals or the other way a round??? We also saw a peacock sitting on a fence.
Here's my Kathy. I told her to stand in the shade for this picture. I know it would have been better in the sun, but I do not like for people to squint. I can't begin to tell you how much we walked. I know we went around the festival about three times. The sweetest breezes were blowing across the pond. There were two swan boats on the pond giving rides. No, we didn't take one.:):) I'll show more pictures tomorrow. xo

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I'd love to visit there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second cranberry Morning, what a great place to visit , what lovely photos of you and Kathy and that is a beautiful and unique scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, It sounded like it was so much fun. I always like going to the festival that the Amish have starting the weekend of Black Friday. I love going to the Amish bakery. Our weekend weather was wonderful. Not to hot to be outside. I enjoyed reading your previous post. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect day. Glad you had such a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your scarf very much. It sounds like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day you and Kathy had. I love that you are able to spend good time with your daughter. You are both just lovely, Susie. I hope you have a great day! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to go to Amish country every year. Haven't been there in a long time. There is a flour mill up that way I used to visit too. It's a fun little get away. I didn't know they had a craft festival. Great pics of you two.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie
    I wish I'd been a mouse in your pocket! What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the amish have such interesting stuff!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a heavenly day to me.
    I LOVE the picture of you, Susie!!!!
    You are such a cutie....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amish people make lovely lovely things. I know you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have loved to been with you two. Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it good to be able to have fun with family? xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just blogged all about our trip to Nappanee & Syracuse. We went a few weekends ago to celebrate our 22 anniversary.

    http://callherblessed-angela.blogspot.com/2013/07/celebrating-22-years-of-marriage.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all things Amish!! Have you read the books by Beverly Lewis? My kids used to tell me I could be Amish - except I decorate and wear make up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live near the heart of Amish country..Lancaster, Pa..Very familiar with their fairs and wares..Looks like you had a beautiful day..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't been to Amish Acres in quite a few years, but I always loved going there. Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi susie,
    i used to go to this festival every year--loved it:) when we moved to avon, well, that's 2 more hrs to drive each way, so, i don't go now. peru was much closer:) thanks for sharing and visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete