Thursday, August 8, 2013

More Of Amish Acres....

 I love looking at this old building. There was a sign saying it was used to boil the sap from maple trees, in the process of making maple syrup. That was long ago..
 This pile of metal scrap looked very interesting to me. I know there are many of you bloggers who could find something you would love or need....I saw wagon wheels, windmill blades, pipes, rods, and angle iron.
 I adore the front of this building. The sign says , meat and cheese. I never went inside. Don't you love the rocker and flowers. I am sure whatever was inside was made and sold by the Amish.
Now this building would have been heaven to go into.  The sign says fudgery....my daughter and I just sat on a bench and talked.. I can't believe we neither one mentioned going in. Where we sat was the perfect spot to people watch and visit. In the shade and we caught up on so much. Hope today is a great day for all. xo

11 comments:

  1. I would have been a "goner" for sure in the fudgery!:-)

    It sounds like you and your daughter had a lovely time together.

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place. I would love one of those old wheels. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't even go into the fudgery??? How could you resist being that close?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great will power. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are my biggest fan, hah.
    Keep on enjoying your summer. (((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely charming photos, Susie. Love those rockers and potted plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amish things, I think it's because when I think "Amish" I think of "simplicity", and keeping things simple means no stress... or very little at least, and that's a great way to live!
    2 women sitting and talking and didn't buy fudge? That's a World record I think!!
    Much love to you,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. looked back to see where you were, I have been out of town and behind reading!
    Looks like fun, I just love places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to spend a day and looks like you had perfect weather, too! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful spot but I would have tested the fudge for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha we held out for ice cream on the way home!

    ReplyDelete