Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's Talk Turkey.....

 This is the first time I have seen a tom turkey, fanned out.He had a mate near by. This tom just strutted around making his gobbling sound. It appears something has torn one of his feathers.
 He was not very pretty in the face, but had red and blue near his eyes and beck. I don't think he ever stopped strutting while we were there. I thought his markings were very pretty.
 There were some bee hives, Cindy Bee . But I am not sure there were any bees in them. Didn't see any buzzing near. They look nice and clean. There in an area where some apple trees were growing.
There was one black goat and this black /white one. They looked and smelled much nicer than my neighbors goats did. By the way, those two goats that have been staying at the neighbors, have gone home to stay. Their owners were showing them at the fair.
The weekend is almost here, hope everyone enjoys their time. We are to have a beautiful Saturday ,  it's been cloudy and rainy on and off the past couple days. xo

12 comments:

  1. Love that tom turkey. He has every right to strut. He is beautiful. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the turkey and goat. We are having rain here. I'm hoping for sun this weekend.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a turkey fanned out like that either. Impressive! I don't think he knows about the missing feather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    What a sight this must have been for you. I have seen turkeys around, but have never seen them fanned out like this, how beautiful they are. I was at the cemetery visiting my dad, and 6 turkeys walked right in front of me just strutting themselves. I didn't have my camera, but it was a wonderful sight. Thank you for sharing your turkey with us. I love to see things like this.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly a very proud turkey!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute...I love animals, all kinds and your proud bird sight is awesome! Thank you for visitng me. Have a happy weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- That turkey is amazing-what a great picture of him. Goats really CAN smell bad, can't they? Males are the worst! (no kidding) lol Hope YOU have a great weekend, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://beehavenacres.blogspot.com/
    check out the above blog..beautiful turkeys whose tails are always fanned out and they stay very close to you..
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have never been able to see a Tom with his feathers fanned out like that...he is beautiful! The bee hive boxes do look interesting...now for me I'd be glad there weren't any of those bees around..lol

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful. It's my dream to have turkeys and goats some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a white turkey! Very COOL!
    I love the little goat! I think my doggies would love to play with him!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never really liked turkeys(I suppose they are beautiful to their mates) but I do love to see all sorts of birds when they are displaying!! Thanks for your visit and your kind comment. Joan

    ReplyDelete