Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Enjoying Today And Rambling....

 Today is a beautiful day, clear skies and low humidity. Well actually it was nippy this morning. Hope the kids remembered to wear sweaters to school. We have the AC turned off...and I love that.
This is a shot of the woods in backs, from Sunday morning. It was super foggy.  This was late after the sun came up. I only like fog when I do not have to worry about the kids driving in it. I remember when I would drive to work in this stuff and I would feel like I could not breath right. I would feel stressed. I just hate when I can't see down the roads.
   I thank all of you for your kind comments...about how I feel as if my life is flying by ...you know with the grandkids growing up so fast. Ted and I have 2 more years to get to go to grandparents ' day at school. They stop when the children are in 6th grade. We will see Emma and Savannah this year...then Emma next year.   Hope all of you are enjoying this day.xo

13 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your cooler temps. Both of your photos are so nice. Enjoy the afternoon, Susie.

    Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have cooler temps here, too, for a few days, and I am loving that! We've never been part of a Grandparent's Day program where the grandchildren are in school. xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nippy, huh??? That sounds wonderful! No nips here! My sister, Deanie, is off on a road trip with her two oldest grands. They are going to San Antonio to the store that sells the stuff they have to leave at the airport. They sell it all super cheap! I admire her grandmother skills that, as teenagers, her grands still think she's cool. That's MY goal! Sounds like you are still cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie,
    I am an Indiana blogger too! i found you on Lynn's blog. You are not too far from me as I am in Noblesville. I will enjoy reading about what you have to say. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bird houses and the woods behind the house! I thought having a corn field was pretty neat, but I think I like the woods better. Unless there's a bear in there, then the corn field is better.
    The kids do really grow so fast. Hug them while you can.
    We are having some pretty good days, aren't we? Sure beats last summer. Hope you got some of the rain that went through here. All around us, but some how we got skipped this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed this day and even more for coming to see you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the woods at the back of your house, lovely and green, we are still in winter so everything is a bit bare yet.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! You won my giveaway sweet friend! Send me your address soon! I hope you got my email! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your photo of the fog. We've had lots of that lately and we are enjoying the cool weather now. I'm just grateful to see the sun shine, we've had so much rain. August is usually a foggy month and I'm with you when it comes to driving in it. I get stressed out too. Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is frightening the way the years are flying past. The good thing is that we have grandchildren to invest in! I was tickled to see one of my grandsons asking my mother, now 93, about her youth and childhood. Enjoy them! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the woods behind your house so pretty and I love your little chippy birdhouses. They are so cute in your garden. So happy to finally have some decent weather.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had a beautiful week..Going to get hot again next week..Fall will be here soon..

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes you will have autumn soon but not me. it was 90 here and i love that. have a great day honey.

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete