Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just Down The Road...

 This is a field of soy beans, just down the road from us. I love looking at soy bean fields. When the wind is blowing, you can see it dance across the plants as they wave in the breeze. It's calming to me.
The skies are nice and clear here today. Just the white clouds of summer. Ted has gone to the farmer's market in town. Emma is sleeping in , she with us till Monday. She will be starting school this coming Thursday. Thought we'd have her come stay the weekend. She is growing so fast. I miss my grandchildren . Can you ever see them enough...not really. It was the same with our children, they just grew and left home, while we were living life and it goes way too fast for me. Slow down today and hug your family, especially the children. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. The colors are so vivid! That is one of the few things I have fallen in love with in the South. Your post sounds like the perfect Saturday morning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Susie. My giant ones are coming home tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know exactly what you mean, Susie.
    Time goes by so quickly. It seems you can't hold on tight enough to those precious moments...and they are just a memory.
    Lots of love to you, my sweet friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I moved away from home to St Louis, I missed seeing corn and bean fields. When i come home I find so much beauty in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the sky photo is so pretty. Hope you and Emma have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO RIGHT about how quickly time passes, especially with the young ones. Ours are all a distance away now, and we cherish the times we have with them.

    Lovely blue sky you have there. We've had overcast skies today, then late in the afternoon heavy rainfall!

    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love to see soy fields too. and lucky you for getting that granddaughter!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely clear day. I have never seen a soy bean field, so it is interesting to see what they look like.
    Time does pass so quickly. When I was looking at the old pictures I posted the other day, it feels like only a few years have gone by since then.

    ReplyDelete