Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby Shower Gift....

This is the gift that we made for my niece's baby shower. She and her husband wanted to name the baby differently than any other family member's name. I don't know why they couldn't  name it Susie even if it is a boy. LOL  I like the name Cooper though.
  We have a friend who owns one of those computerized routering tables. So we had him put the glove, ball and name on for us. Ted made the stool and I did the finish.  Cooper can get on it to brush his teeth , watch TV, and steal cookies , as he grows. I know our niece will love it.
  Today is a nice low humidity day, with some rain forecasted for later. I sure hope we get some rain soon and more than just 1/4 inch.  Hope you all enjoy the weekend. xo

12 comments:

  1. Great gift and one that will be used a lot. It may get him into trouble though. Reaching things he isn't supposed to get into. I love that you made it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the personalized baby gifts the best when my kids were born. Not only is this gift thoughtful it is so useful. My kids used a stool for quite some time. Now I need a stool to kiss them on the cheek (Well, almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful gift, enjoy your day,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really great, thoughtful gift, Susie. I know it is going to be well-received. Let's hope Cooper passes it down to his son one day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I'm looking for a cute baby present and will keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet to have his name on it! This will be a treasure he can pass down to his children!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice and it's something that can be used all through the years! Very beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Having something personalised makes it that little bit more special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea for a baby shower gift! When my husband learnt about woodworking he made little stools for a lot of our grandchildren. Some were too old for them by the time he started making them! We certainly didn't think to personalise them like that. As for calling him Susie....wasn't there a song called ' A Boy Named Sue'? Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. That will be a treasured possession! It is TOO hot here in Texas! That's why I am up in the middle of the night watering the yard! Louis Dean noticed a comment from you on his blog and it has really inspired him to write again! I think he is starting a whole new blog but I will be sure and let you know because YOU are such an encouragement to him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a treasure he will love always i'm sure!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been away and am behind on comments, Susie. This is an absolutely wonderful stool, destined to become an heirloom for sure! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete