Saturday, August 25, 2012

Prayers and Liberty......

 Maybe we could say a prayer for the people in need, after yesterday chaos at the Empire State building.
 Here is the statue of Liberty as we cruised by in the evening rain, heading out of the harbor. Then as we went to Liberty island to view the statue the next morning. It's a beautiful sight. Ted and I talked with a gentleman in charge of bringing the materials and equipment to the island for all the repairs to the statue. He said the statue's work should be done by the end of this year. So needless to say, we didn't get to go in the statue to walk up the stairs. That was a let down, but I am still very happy to have been right there, walking all the way around the little island. Now I can say that I , the little girl raised on the corner of Mill and Cleveland streets,in Tipton, Indiana, finally got to see The Statue of Liberty . :):):)  oxox

13 comments:

  1. I thought about you as soon as I heard the shocking news, because you had so recently posted about the very place.
    I was lucky enough to go up all the stairs in the Statue. Looking back I have no idea how I managed it, as I am hopelessly claustrophobic these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, so sorry aboutyour phobia..I feel that way in dense fogs. xo, susie

      Delete
  2. I still gasp whenever I am in NYC and even catch a glimpse of Lady Liberty, even from the airplane.

    When I went to the city on business every month, all of my stops were in the area of the Empire State Building. It was such a sad day there yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a great trip in the big city! It is so sad what happened yesterday. Stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh i though about you when i heard that news yesterday! you were RIGHT THERE!

    that statue of liberty is a thrill!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sad news! I am glad you all are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie it looks like you are having such a great time! New York is such a fun place but high energy, I can take about 4 days and then I feel exhausted and need to go home :)
    Safe travels
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is amazing, isn't she? Awe inspiring! Were you surprised that it wasn't bigger than you thought? I was the first time I saw it.

    That is so sad what happened by the Empire State building yesterday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susie, I have only seen pictures of the statue of Liberty. The shooting yesterday and I wondered how many is going to happen. It has been in several different locations. It was sad, but the shooter can't harm anybody else. I am enjoying the pictures of your trip. It is my vacation trip this year to see others pictures. Have a great weekend. Hugs Your Missouri Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad to hear of violence on our streets.:( Thoughts and prayers to those who are suffering at this time.

    I've never been to NYC, and I have appreciated your pictures.

    Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susie,
    I just caught the tail end of the news about the shooting. I need to read up on it. So many senseless shootings. Prayers for those involved. I have always wanted to go to NYC. Haven't made it yet, but sure will some day. Glad you got to go!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought about you when I heard that news of the shooting at The Empire State Building. What a horrible thing.
    I am happy that you are okay and that you got to see the Statue of Liberty. What a beautiful thing to say that you have seen. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete