Thursday, August 23, 2012

Street Food....


Here's Ted Bear wanting some smelly old meats on a pita. ewweee. I thought this cart with the fruit looked more pleasing. The vender with the meat finally waited on Ted after watching his mouth water for a few minutes. LOL There were sidewalk places to sit and eat. There's plenty of these corner venders to sell food items. I never got to sit in any of the sidewalk places or eat anything I had dreamed of while in NYC. We did have a nice sandwich in Grand Central Station.....it's the eating on the run thing I did not care for. I want to eat like the French....slowly, with wine and pasteries.:):)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, he's brave! Over here those are the sort of things you only eat when you are too drunk to know any better, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tracey, that made me laugh. Ted has an iron stomach...he can eat about anything.He doesn't like liver,cucumbers. raisins, or melon.xo,susie

      Delete
  2. I would settle just for pastries!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i KNOW! in italy they all walked around eating breakfast. i like to sit down and enjoy my coffee. don't get it at all. the fruit looks wonderful!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, and the French and eating relaxed and slowly on sidewalk cafe somewhere...and of course the pasteries!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to be sitting down somewhere (anywhere) while I am eating. Otherwise I am too messy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC street food is yummy. Cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and me, both, Susie- I hate eating on the fly even though it often happens here- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Susie,
    You love Jane Austen and your favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird? You are my kind of gal!
    Glad to meet you!
    Love,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm with you, Susie! That sounds delightful! Throw in some cheese and I'm on it!
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hate eating on the run..Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read all your vacation posts and viewed the pics! Looks like you had an amazing time. I am so glad you could go. We don't even remember what a vacation is around here. The last REAL vacation we took was to Niagara Falls in 1989 when our kids were still young. I know that is SAD! But life and job changes and all it just hasn't happened since.
    Hubby has always wanted to go to Disney World so hopefully someday...sooner than later I hope!!
    Glad you had a wonderful trip!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete