Thursday, February 13, 2014

Changes....

 Waiting for this to start melting...and it should as warmer temperatures are headed our way.
This is what I want to start seeing , some green lawn. Ted says he would rather mow that shovel. :) We have had major cold temperatures this year....hope it killed off lots of creepy crawler things.
 I pray the people who just had the ice storms are safe. They will be without power for some time. That's the scary part. Hoping they have a warm up , so as not to have frozen pipes. We have had to use our generator out here a few times, but I don't think for over a day.
 It's been a wicked winter, maybe our  spring will be pleasant and calm. Just a month way !!
 Ted and I made it to lunch yesterday, out of town too. I know sounds like a big deal...it felt like a big deal, to just be out doing something besides shoveling. xo

10 comments:

  1. Stay warm and safe! We were hit with the last ice storm but this one went above us. We just had two days of solid rain. Luckily our soil is very sandy so it drains down rather quickly. Apparently we moved to AL at the perfect time. The mildest and wettest Summer and the coldest Winter, in many years. I'm sure this Summer will be a "treat"! Spring will be here soon! Can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for the ones being hit with this last storm. They are not used to it like we are. My sis says it is snowing in WV this morning. I am glad you and hubby got out to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get melting and warm weather. It would be nice to think that spring is coming somewhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going out for lunch does sound like a treat. I hope the weather improves soon. It's been one storm after another this year. Mild here in Florida though....so I can't complain! 76 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am anxious for Spring, too, Sue. I feel like I have been housebound this year more than ever. How nice you got out for lunch.

    Praying for our Southern neighbors, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you two made it out to lunch! We are snowed in but thankful to have power. No way to clear our drive, so we wait!
    I am like you and hope the bugs, mosquitoes won't be bad this year.
    I am ready for Spring!
    Have a great day, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great to get out when you feel like you have been "cooped up" because of weather conditions? We have about seven inches of snow here this morning!
    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had fourteen inches of snow today. So tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susie, quite a difference between this post and the one before. Everyone in your part of the country have really been hit hard. We finally did get some rain but not enough to carry us through the summer I afraid. Always makes for a bad fire season..Happy Valentine's..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have rain after a lot of snow and I'm hoping it will be okay to walk tomorrow. Didn't mind spending the day inside, I am getting a little antsy to be outside. Predicting forty for tomorrow, which sounds like summer. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete