Tuesday, August 18, 2015

From The Parking Lot.....

  These are shots from the pool parking lot. Past the line of weeds and scrub is the local golf course. Now that's a lawn I love to look at.
 Opposite side of the course is the playground in our city park.  You can see the line of trees in the foreground.....that's the creek edge.
  Here's the pool . Empty and already turning green ....I think it's closed for the season already, what with school in session.  I think there's a pool at school for meets. Sure hope so. I need to check that out. I know there was not one originally.
 Here's the boy scout cabin. where the scouts have outings on their grounds and meetings. This is right on the creek too.
 Then next door to the scout grounds is our Heritage  Museum. All kinds of artifacts of our area . The sad part of this museum is it is only open a couple days or you have to make an appointment to go there. My sisters and I keep saying we should go...but we have not gone yet.
  The park, pool, golf course, schools, cemetery, scout building, museum . Then there's the ball diamonds. All near the hospital.  Which is near the nursing homes, doctors offices and 4-H.
   So if you drive to that part of town, you'll see many people on nice days. It's an active part of our little town.   Super hot day when I took these photos, so not many people out then.
   Hope everyone is doing well and loving their summer's end. Speaking of Summer's End...there a festival by that name in Rossville a few towns to the west. It will be going on in a couple weeks.   Smile today XO

16 comments:

  1. You live in such a pretty town. I would feel right at home there! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. I love our little town so much.. The park is one of my favorite places. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how you captured the pics with no people around.

    Have a great day and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, By the time I took a few pictures , I was ready for the car AC...it was so humid that day. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty little town. Love how everything is all together. It makes it easy when you have to do something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, If one lived in the south part of town....you could walk to all those places. LOL. There is a lady about 75 in our town and she never drives anywhere....she walks all the time, will not accept a ride either. She carries her groceries ...because she only buys a little at a time. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  4. Susie, are you going to the festival? It sounds like so much fun, and something that I would enjoy myself. I went to the downtown festival one time this summer. It was hot, but we had a good time.

    Enjoy the rest of the summer days, Susie.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAheri, My daughter always wants me to join her at the fest. I might. I have gone when all the grands in that area were in the ball team floats, cause yes, they have a parade also. I loved the 1st one I attended the best...Lots of homemade crafts. Venders set up along the streets and church parking lots. I think last year it was in their park. I'll get photos if I go. Blessings, Love you, Susie

      Delete
  5. The hot weather is keeping me in except for work. I will be back out to photograph things because I miss doing that. I wish I lived in a little town. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boston Boy...I can't wait till you can do more photos. I love seeing around your town and the big town of Boston too. Of course while you are at the Vineyard, you can take lots of beautiful pictures. I know you are so looking forward...can you even believe how our summer has flown by? Bless you, xoxo, Susie

      Delete
  6. How did summer go so fast?! Can't believe that school is already in session. We are losing daylight fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I am not believing how quickly our summer has gone. just a month of the official summer left. To me once school starts that almost signals the end of summer. I noticed this morning it took the sun longer to rise...I do feel sad about that. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  7. A Summer's End festival sounds nice. I'd go to that!

    Still a steamy summer here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena, I have gone to that Summer's End Fest a few times. The first was the best. More homemade things. But you know those good German Baptist sure can bake ...so there will be breads, rolls, pies and cakes every where. I may go just to eat. LOL Blessings, xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  8. wow closing the pools already!! That went quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your town has such a pretty park! The Summer's End festival sounds like fun.
    It's cooled off here today, a welcome relief from the heat and humidity. I should be busy doing something, but decided to rest a bit today. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete