Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Rain Held Off....

 Here's Mrs. H and her fifth grade class walking to her house for the class picnic. Now that was a walk for these kids. But no lack of energy here.
 Here they are in the garage getting ready for some music and zumba:)
 Some are playing dodge ball. Some drew big chalk drawings on the driveway and sidewalks. Some got their nails done. Some got their hair french braided.Some rollerskated, some skateboarded.
Twenty-four children and their teacher, Mrs.H. All got fed and had a fun time. I was flat wore out.:):) Angie said after they all walked back to school, some whined they were tired. But I bet they all slept well last night. I know I did.  Do you find it funny how kids can play like crazy for hours on end...then the minute they have to walk...woe is me, I am wore out. LOL I truly enjoyed the day with all of these beautiful children. It didn't rain till after school was out. So thankful for that. xo

10 comments:

  1. ha, thats so true!
    What a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I bet you were wore out! Sure wish I had all that energy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh that's a lovely day! good for you honey...

    hugs, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time. The walking probably would be okay, but I'd be exhausted with all the activity. Have a fun Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!!! I hope these kids realize how special this time was! Not many classes get to visit their teacher's homes and celebrate like they did!! Hats off to you for helping this happen! You gave the children some great moments to remember when they are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie,
    This was a fun day for the kids. I remember all the time I spent helping out in the classroom when my kids were in schoo, and field trips and class parties. It was such a good time in my life. At the end of the day, I was so tired. Teachers are special, and children, even more.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooops, I misspelled school.
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely memories for everyone! It sounds like they had a great time!
    xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun and I bet everyone slept well!

    ReplyDelete