Friday, March 21, 2014

I Want To Take A Walk....

 It does not look this good yet....but this is our city park. I am so ready to go there for a nice walk.
   A  little squirrel sitting on the bench that's there in my brother and sister in law's honor. It is a memorial bench. I know that the park is not wanting to have memorial benches any longer. I do hope they let this stay. They think if its a memorial, it's depressing. I need to check into this.
I have always loved our park. The fellow that takes care of it , with his crew, is a hard worker. He doesn't like limbs and branches lying about. It would be rare to see a piece of litter.
 Yesterday was a great day. Still a bit chilly. Today is suppose to be much better....then the cold comes back. We know it won't last long though, that helps.
   Spring break for my grandkids,Emma, Savannah, Skylar, and Brock, this coming week.  Brock will probably work, as he has a job. Skylar may get to have friends over. I am hoping Emma and Savannah will be here for a couple days. Crafting !!!!   Enjoy your day.  xo

12 comments:

  1. Your city park is beautiful. I would love to take a walk along its paths. Too bad about the memorial benches. I think that's a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine and cool here this morning! Not lasting long, though. Rain due tomorrow, then a drop in temperatures! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope they don't get rid of the memorial benches. When I go to Ocean City the whole length of the boardwalk is all memorial benches. I think it's a nice tribute. Hope your weather stays nice for the grandkids' break for school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they keep the bench...would be sadder to see it go. I love your park and the grounds keeper does a wonderful job. I wish we had such a park here. Ours are small and not so fancy. No one to keep it lovely like that. 70 here today and then the cold is moving back in, but you are right, not for long. Hope you get some grands time in while they are off. My iris are up and we need to rake, so you might check your stuff out there. Its not going to be a good weekend for that for us, but I am hoping we can get the beds raked next weekend. There are buds on everything and I can't wait until the forsythia blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a beautiful park soon it will be in blossom, sounds like you will have a busy week coming up, spring break is over for my grand children

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Susie..take that walk..(:)
    I've been taking 10 minute walks 2-3 times a day love Spring sunny and about 50-60 each day ..
    thanks so much on my cross too (:)
    hugs,patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am envious over all that green grass! We still have dirty "mountains" of snow here that are very slowly melting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pristine park; just lovely.
    I hope you get some crafting time in with the kids. Be sure to share your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful park!! Hope your Grands get to visit during their break...Beautiful here today, but rain moving in tonight and is supposed to stay All.Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely park.
    Concerning your comment on my blog about the Constitution, I do remember seeing the story on the news. Maybe I'll dig up some of my pictures of when I visited it a few years back. That picture I posted has been sitting on my computer for years.
    Thank you for your visits. They are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we live near our city park and I am starting to see signs of renewal and new life. Soon it will be filled with the saturday market, flowers, music, and children playing...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Next time you come up I will take you to the Millrace and you can see all the memorial benches along the way. Well, we won't walk the entire loop. It's pretty long.

    ReplyDelete