Thursday, April 3, 2014

Birthday Sister...

It's my sister's birthday.....she's getting older .   .LOL. Sad part, I am older. Dang.  I will always have a special relationship with Pam. She and I worked together for 30 years. Not always side by side, but at the same G.M. factories. We have sat on the radio lines by each other before.  We transferred to Fisher Body, when we were laid off one year. She says that's the year I learned to cuss.  :):) Yes, I know, it was a hard habit to break and once in a while slips out. We went from putting small parts  into  radio boards ,  to lifting car parts.  Big difference. Hot and heavy work. We spent a year there, and got called back to our plant in Kokomo.  For a 4 foot 11 inch woman, she's a hard worker. So Happy Birthday to my sister, my pal. xo

19 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to have a sister you're so close to.
    Happy birthday Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my sisters near by. We sisters stay closer than our brothers do...but they have golf outings. xoxo, Susie

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to a beautiful lady! And it's fun to hear more about what you've done in your life. Hard workers make our nation great! Enjoy your day! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. Times it was rough, times it was fun...it afforded us a good living. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your sister - and aren't you glad those days are in the past! But I do agree with Diane on the 'hard workers' sentiment. So true. P.S. I hate lawn ornaments too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both very happy that we were hard working women. But we are glad to be retired. xo,Susie

      Delete
  4. oh my!!
    you two have worked hard!!
    love having a sissy too
    hugs.patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing of working together...we rode together most of those years. Had a ton of fun. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  5. happy birthday to your sister, what radiant smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie. I read the good wishes to her and she cried. xox,Susie

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Pam!! That sounds like hard work that the two of you did. Retirement is nice isn't it? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, That was the hardest I have ever worked. Dangerous too. Retirement is good. :):) xo,Susie

      Delete
  7. Hi Kathy, Aunt Pam was so happy about the nice comments. Love you honey, mommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your sister has a happy and blessed birthday.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti. My sister was thrilled with the comments. xoxo,Susie

      Delete
  9. You have some really good memories of times with this sister! Happy Birthday to her! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your sister, Susie. How nice that you worked together for many years and you are close to her. I hope she had a special day, and she is so lucky having you for a sister.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to Pam! Hope it was a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete